Saturday, April 9, 2011

Happy B'day and an I Love You

After a full morning of soccer and football, I got some crafting time today while everyone chilled out to a movie (they were exhausted!!).  Love those kinds of afternoons.  So I took the time to create a birthday card for my Mum to give to my brother tomorrow (I used one I created a while ago, such a cheat!).  The only stipulation was that it had to say "Son", so here it is:

I had fun with Tim Holtz stamps, embossing and inking, a 7 Gypsies tag and some more Tim with the ticket & pin.  I  added the clip which is from Stampin' Up, however it was a little too 'silver and shiney', so I just grabbed out my alcohol inks and coloured it Espresso.........so easy.

So while my Mum and the kids were watching Monster House, my Mum had a little nap so I got busy on making a present for when she woke up.  Here it is:

I should have probably kept it for Mothers Day but who can wait to give pressies when they are completed???  NOT ME!  So when she woke up I presented her with a cuppa and a pressie, lol.  Needless to say, she was happy.

This flower was made from paper towels that I used to sop up a whole bunch of Glimmermist.  I love what that stuff does to paper towel, give it a try sometime won't you?

Thanks for stopping by and I will be back to share a whole bunch more soon.
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment