Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Re purposing My Surroundings

On the weekend my dear hubby got busy and made me a garden patch ready for me to plant some herbs and vegetables.  Let's hope I can keep them alive!!  A gardener I am not, but I am going to give it a try.  While getting it ready he trimmed a tree (that he would rather pull out but I won't let him) and I loved the branches with green 'stuff' (lichen???) growing on it.  So off I trotted with it inside to see what I could do with it as a display.  And what I came up with I am really happy with.

I took some vintage music paper to line the inside of the vase to cover the bottom of the branches.  Then dug out my cream ribbon off my wedding bouquet and tied it into a big bow.

Then I embellished it with a glimmermisted chipboard flower and a pearl and bling embellishment.

Took me about 10-15mins in total and I am totally happy with it.  Now I am going to decorate the tree with cute tags and inspirational quotes.

And I just wanted to show you the green stuff.  It adds texture and interest to the branches and I really like it.  Ahh, small pleasures from re-purposing!!


Thanks for stopping by,

No comments:

Post a Comment