Tuesday, September 11, 2012

11th Anniversary of September 11

(image from ussatf.org)

Hard to believe that 11 years have gone by since I sat and watched the terrible act of terrorism that took place against these buildings and it's occupants from my lounge room here in Australia.  And two years ago I got to visit the site of this destruction.  What a surreal experience that was.  To stand opposite the site of the twin towers site, on the streets where I saw images on my television of people racing from the terror.  It was quite emotional.

And we will visit again next week to see what they have erected in their place.  In memory of the 2823 people who lost their lives on this day 11 years ago.  I am sure it will be emotional again.

Thanks for stopping by

2 comments:

  1. I think most people will remember what and where they were/doing at this terrible time. Much like when Princess Diana died, it's a mark on the history of our generation.

    It's also the mark of when the world changed for ever.

    xxM

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts too, Marcia, the world would never be the same. On a different note, Alex, I hope you have an exciting adventure together in the USA. Helen

    ReplyDelete